At livismclimate.org, accessible from https://livismclimate.org, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors.
Who we are
Livism climate is an international network of communications professionals in the field of climate. You can contact us at: [email protected]
Data we collect
- browse our site and consult our content
- contact us directly
- answer a satisfaction survey
Why do we collect this information and how we use your information
Your personal data is processed on our behalf by service providers: web development, hosting and analytics companies.
We use service providers to carry out a range of operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service and ask them not to use your personal data for any other purpose. We always make every effort to ensure that all such third parties we work with maintain the confidentiality and security of your data.
We collect your information and use it for the following purposes:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Legal basis for processing
The processing of your personal data is justified on different grounds (legal basis) depending on the use we make of the personal data. Below are the legal bases and retention periods that we apply to our main processing operations.
Among the applicable legal bases:
- Consent: you agree to the processing of your personal data through express consent (tick box on the contact form). You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legitimate interest: Livism Climate has a legitimate interest in processing your data that is justified, balanced and does not infringe your privacy. With certain exceptions, you may object to processing based on legitimate interest at any time by notifying Livism Climate at [email protected]
- The law: the processing of your personal data is required by law or regulation.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for a period of one year from the date on which your contact form is sent to us.
livismclimate.org follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, livismclimate.org uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users’ experience by customising our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
When you make use of our website, we use Google analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google analytics to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected. Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- Where we use consent as a basis for our processing of your personal information, under GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that the collected personal data will not be used any longer. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid. Please direct all requests to us using our contact form.
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
For EU citizens, please note that you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory authority of the EU country of your choice. Click here for more information
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
livismclimate.org does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.